The University of Texas Medical Branch Biostatistician I - Sealy Center on Aging in Galveston, Texas
Masters degree in Biostatistics, Statistics or related field.
Provides statistical support services to faculty, staff, and students at UTMB.
From $62,154 to $80,800 annual salary.
This position is a Band Code AP12.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Collaborates with investigators to identify problems and provide statistical consultation including design of experiments or surveys, analysis of data, interpretation of results and preparation of reports
- Assists client data organization
- Performs statistical computations
- Provides graphical and tabular representations
- Prepares statistical reports which are generally consistent with accepted standards of statistical practice
- Develops, maintains and modifies programs for in-house use
- Performs non-statistical components of consulting such as providing analogous examples and explanations using non-technical terminology, and helping researchers formulate and clarify research issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism and competence in dealing with a variety of individuals
- Analyze/evaluate data and make appropriate decisions/recommendations
- Communicate technical information to non-statisticians
- Knowledge of statistical and scientific research design
- Knowledge of data file handling techniques
- Adheres to internal controls established for department
- Personal computer
- Proficiency in computing, including knowledge of statistical packages such as SAS, STATA, SPSS, R, or SQL preferred. Proficiency in SAS and/or STATA required.
- Communication skills
- Spanish language proficiency desirable
#rsrch #prof #exec
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Biostatistician I - Sealy Center on Aging
Job ID: 61284
Business Unit: SOMED