The University of Texas Medical Branch Biostatistician II - Surgery-Burn - Shrine Research in Galveston, Texas
Master’s in Biostatistics/Statistics and six years related experience.
Ph.D. in Biostatistics / Statistics and three years related experience.
Provides statistical support services to faculty, staff, and students at UTMB.
Salary from $70,480 to $91, 624 annually.
This position is a Band Code AP12.
Specific Job Related Duties
- Collaborates with investigators to identify problems and provide statistical consultation including design of experiments or surveys, analysis of data, interpretation of results and preparation of reports.
- Writes statistical portion of manuscript based on results of analysis and address manuscript revisions based on reviewer's comments.
- Collaborates with investigators in grant development including statistical design of studies and preparation of statistical portion of grant proposal.
- Plans, directs and reports statistical analysis of research data.
- Assists client data organization.
- Performs statistical computations.
- Provides graphical and tabular representations.
- Develops, maintains and modifies programs for in-house use.
- Performs non-statistical components of consulting such as providing analogous examples and explanations using non-technical terminology, and helping researchers formulate and clarify research issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism and competence in dealing with a variety of individuals.
- Communicate technical information to non-statisticians.
- Help people identify and clarify their individual responsibilities and objectives within the framework of the common goal.
- Knowledge of statistical and scientific research design.
- Knowledge of data file handling techniques.
- Adheres to internal controls established for department.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Personal computer
- Proficiency in computing, including knowledge of statistical packages such as SAS, SPSS, R, or SQL
- Communication skills
#rsrch #exec #prof
Equal Employment Opportunity UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Type: Regular
Job Title: Biostatistician II - Surgery-Burn - Shrine Research
Job ID: 61015
Business Unit: SOMED